Beyoncé and Jay-Z might be the best travel agents ever. After the couple took a trip to Croatia last year, tourism spiked. Now the mayor of one Croatian island is offering little Blue Ivy honorary citizenship.
After the superstar revealed her pregnancy at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Bey and Jay took a trip to the Croatian island of Hvar. While there photogs snapped the first shots of the singer’s baby bump.
These photos obviously brought attention to Beyonce’s impending motherhood, but also peaked people’s interest in the island along the Adriatic Sea. The mayor of Hvar, Pjerino Bebic, is even offering their baby girl honorary citizenship for the rise in tourism.
According to the island’s local paper, Dalmacija News, the mayor wrote the couple a thank you letter to share the big news.
“The story of the origin of your girl’s name, Blue Ivy, has brought huge media attention and great tourism promotion to the town of Hvar,” Bebic wrote. “I have decided to grant your daughter the status of honorary citizen of the town.”
Bebic is also taking credit for their little girl’s name after a video surfaced of a pregnant Beyoncé identifying blue ivy growing on a local tree.
Queen B and Jay-Z have yet to comment on the mayor’s claims. Though with fields of lavender, ancient olive trees and vineyards a plenty, more people might want to take the couple’s lead and plan a visit to Hvar.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- Watch Mary J. Blige Reveal Her ‘Favorite Things’ In New Video
- R. Kelly’s ‘Trapped in the Closet’ to Return with New Chapters in 2014
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’