Washington Square Park Has a Secret… Do You Know It?
Washington Square Park means different things to different people: a park to cut through for neighborhood people, a great fountain to cool down in if you’re a little kid, a place to grab a hot dog for a hungry construction worker and a place to take pictures for tourists.
The Washington Square Park Arch is world famous and it actually is hiding a secret inside… do you know what it is?
Inside the Washington Square Arch is a hidden staircase!
Apparently you enter through a small side door in the western leg and climb a 102 step spiral staircase… if you can get in… which you can’t. The door is kept locked at all times, but we happened to run into some parks department people and tried to get them to let us in…
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’
- Jenny Lewis Performs ‘Just One of The Guys’ on Fallon, Complete with Dancers in Drag: Watch
- Festival Cancels R. Kelly’s Headlining Appearance After Community Backlash
- Spoon’s New Album, ‘They Want My Soul,’ Is Streaming