No wait. There is a story behind this and it’s not as easy a decision as it sounds.
First, the story… Last month a man in a rent-controlled apartment up on the third floor of my building flooded my apartment with his DIY plumbing patch job – causing $1,200 worth of damage in my apartment.
He said he would pay for the cost of the damage, no problem. So, I gave my super the receipts for the tenant to pay and then I got a knock on the door and a story as to why he cannot pay…
This (elderly) gentleman knocked on my door looking completely upset, asking me if we could work something out about the $1,200 bill for the damages. He said he had $50,000 worth of cancer bills and couldn’t afford to cover the costs.
Well, my immediate reaction was that I absolutely cannot take money from this poor man. Then my boyfriend said later “what if he’s lying?” And there is my dilemma… I can’t take his money even if there is a slight chance he just went through a terrible illness and has horrendous bills. So what do I do?!
We asked our listeners that very question this morning…
And then we called private eye Judd Bank of CPI Investigations to find out what I could do to find out if he was lying…
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Despite No New Music, One Direction Aims To Rule Summer With Book, 3-D Film & Tour
- On The Charts: Vampire Weekend’s Second No. 1 Album
- Backstreet’s Back: Charli XCX Covers ‘I Want It That Way’
- Sara Bareilles Set To Play LGBT Democratic Fundraiser In New York
- Producer Steve Lillywhite Attributes U2 Connection To Ian Curtis Death