The music video for Maroon 5‘s current single “One More Night” just debuted and it showcases frontman Adam Levine as a boxer, husband and father.
In an interview with MTV News Levine said that he dreamed up the storyline himself but wanted it to be different than previous video “Payphone.”
“I’ve always been fascinated about boxing. I didn’t want it to be a big glitzy, glamorous video like the first one, I wanted to be a little bit more hardcore,” he said. “It was really fun too, the whole training process. Three minutes feels like two hours when you’re out there.”
Levine admitted that he had a little bit of training before the band filmed the video and that being hit hurts.
Friday Night Lights and Battleship director Peter Berg directed the video and reached out to actress Minka Kelly to play Levine’s wife on the run.
“That was Pete saying, ‘Hey, do you want to do this?’ and her saying ‘Yes,’ and us saying, ‘Thank you!’ ” Levine explained. “Thank you, Minka Kelly, for doing our video!”
Go behind-the-scenes with the band and actress Minka Kelly on the set of “One More Night.” Maroon 5’s new album, Overexposed is out today.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Loves Your ‘Hard Times’ Covers
- Amber Rose on Losing Her Virginity: ‘It Was a Very Special Moment’
- Haim Release New Single ‘Right Now,’ Announce New Album
- See The Chainsmokers Performing with Florida Georgia Line
- Karen & Jeffrey Feel Bad For United… So Here Are Things That Are Actually Worse Than United
- Imagine Dragons Debut New Song ‘Thunder’