NEW YORK (CBSNewYork.com) – Just a few days shy of their one year anniversary as a legally married couple, Dese’Rae Stage and Katie Marks have announced their plans for divorce.
In June 2011, the couple tied the knot at a pop-up chapel in Central Park on the first day gay marriages were legally recognized in New York. Now, Stage and Marks have made the tough decision to call it quits, becoming the first gay couple to divorce in NYC.
Stage took to her blog to express how the divorce has affected her.
“I do very much feel like the president of the loneliest club in the world,” she said.
92.3 NOW’s Micki Gamez has been married to her wife, Andrea, for seven years. She said although it is sad to see a marriage dissolve, but if gay marriage exists, same-sex divorce will too.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Linkin Park on Dealing with Loss and the Power of Community
- Artists React to the Death of Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington
- Chester Bennington Dead, Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging
- Luis Fonsi’s ‘Despacito’ Becomes Most Streamed Song of All Time
- Ryan Seacrest to Return as Host of ‘American Idol’
- Lana Del Rey Talks Trump, America and Women’s Rights