One Of First Lesbian Couples Legally Married In New York To Divorce
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork.com) – Just a few days shy of their one year anniversary as a legally married couple, Dese’Rae Stage and Katie Marks have announced their plans for divorce.
In June 2011, the couple tied the knot at a pop-up chapel in Central Park on the first day gay marriages were legally recognized in New York. Now, Stage and Marks have made the tough decision to call it quits, becoming the first gay couple to divorce in NYC.
Stage took to her blog to express how the divorce has affected her.
“I do very much feel like the president of the loneliest club in the world,” she said.
92.3 NOW’s Micki Gamez has been married to her wife, Andrea, for seven years. She said although it is sad to see a marriage dissolve, but if gay marriage exists, same-sex divorce will too.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy