One Of First Lesbian Couples Legally Married In New York To Divorce
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork.com) – Just a few days shy of their one year anniversary as a legally married couple, Dese’Rae Stage and Katie Marks have announced their plans for divorce.
In June 2011, the couple tied the knot at a pop-up chapel in Central Park on the first day gay marriages were legally recognized in New York. Now, Stage and Marks have made the tough decision to call it quits, becoming the first gay couple to divorce in NYC.
Stage took to her blog to express how the divorce has affected her.
“I do very much feel like the president of the loneliest club in the world,” she said.
92.3 NOW’s Micki Gamez has been married to her wife, Andrea, for seven years. She said although it is sad to see a marriage dissolve, but if gay marriage exists, same-sex divorce will too.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Ingrid Michaelson Looks To The Past For Inspiration On ‘Time Machine’
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence About Quitting One Direction, Plans Solo Career (Eventually)