Cher’s Life Story Set For Broadway
Cher has had many personalities over her 60-years in show business and they’re all coming to Broadway in a musical that takes a look at the singer’s celebrated career.
The music icon took to Twitter recently to announce that producers are currently writing a Broadway musical based on her life. It will focus on three different aspects of her career: from her Sonny and Cher days to her 1998 comeback with Believe to the present day, which would include new music from her upcoming 26th album.
Cher said that the musical would feature some of her biggest hits throughout her career, though she did not give away what songs specifically. She also revealed that she would help write the script for the show because: “I was there and know the stories that no one knows but me!”
The 66-year-old singer, who most recently starred in 2010’s Burlesque with Christina Aguilera, also poked fun at herself, writing that she might appear in the stage version of her life playing “old Cher.”
Along with working on this show, Cher is currently recording a “hardcore dance” album that features a song written by Lady Gaga. The singer has also hinted at a fall tour, but no dates have been announced as of yet.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’