Hudson is gearing up for a multi-episode appearance on the musical drama, Smash, which takes a closer look at what it takes to put on a Broadway show. J.Hud will play Veronica Moore, a Tony Award-winner who will somehow impact the lives of the show’s two stars, one of which is McPhee. According to a statement, Hudson’s character will represent someone who reached her Broadway dream, but also paid a price for it.
The actress, who won an Oscar for her portrayal of Effie in the 2006 musical, Dreamgirls, tweeted her excitement over her new gig writing: “So excited to be doing Smash…Going to be super fun! Great show!” She will make her debut on the premiere of season two when it returns to NBC next year.
Along with her onscreen accolades, the singer earned herself a spot on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Though she won’t earn her star until next year, Hudson joins fellow honorees Ellen DeGeneres, Glee’s Jane Lynch and Luther Vandross, along with not just one, but two boy bands: Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block.
Hudson is also keeping busy this summer, filming two new movies, Lullaby and The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Linkin Park Will Live Stream Chester Bennington Tribute Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track