Jessica Sanchez might have been the runner-up on this season of American Idol, but she just got herself a winning gig.
The 16-year-old is in talks to join Glee next season for a multi-episode role. Sanchez is expected to appear on the show midway through the season, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No other details have been given about Sanchez’s character at this time.
Sanchez will join Kate Hudson and Sarah Jessica Parker, who were both confirmed to appear on season four of the musical dramedy. Glee creator Ryan Murphy also announced that this year will bring some big changes like a new “show within a show” storyline that will feature some characters in New York City at a performing arts college, while also focusing on McKinley High, where new students will be added to the mix. The series is also set to premiere at its new day and time, Thursday, September 13 at 9 pm.
Before heading to the small screen, Sanchez will be traveling the country on the American Idol tour with winner, Phillip Phillips and the rest of the gang. The outing kicks off on July 6 in Detroit, MI and ends up in Milwaukee, WI on September 11.
To find out when the Idols are coming to your town check a full list of tourdates here.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Will Perform at the GRAMMYs
- Listen to John Mellencamp’s New Song ‘Easy Target’
- John Mayer Reveals Motivation for ‘The Search for Everything Wave One’
- Jackie Evancho Prepares for Her Big Inaguration Gig
- Common Addresses Women’s Health at Gig for Planned Parenthood
- Solange, Esperanza Spalding Deliver at Peace Ball