‘Glee’ Enlists Jessica Sanchez For Next Season
Jessica Sanchez might have been the runner-up on this season of American Idol, but she just got herself a winning gig.
The 16-year-old is in talks to join Glee next season for a multi-episode role. Sanchez is expected to appear on the show midway through the season, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No other details have been given about Sanchez’s character at this time.
Sanchez will join Kate Hudson and Sarah Jessica Parker, who were both confirmed to appear on season four of the musical dramedy. Glee creator Ryan Murphy also announced that this year will bring some big changes like a new “show within a show” storyline that will feature some characters in New York City at a performing arts college, while also focusing on McKinley High, where new students will be added to the mix. The series is also set to premiere at its new day and time, Thursday, September 13 at 9 pm.
Before heading to the small screen, Sanchez will be traveling the country on the American Idol tour with winner, Phillip Phillips and the rest of the gang. The outing kicks off on July 6 in Detroit, MI and ends up in Milwaukee, WI on September 11.
To find out when the Idols are coming to your town check a full list of tourdates here.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch
- Lena Dunham Says Taylor Swift’s New Bonus Track is Her ‘Someday Wedding Song’
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen