Stevie Wonder’s Nephew Charged With Extortion Of Uncle
For Stevie Wonder’s nephew, this coming Tuesday needs to be cleared for one important appointment: An appearance in Los Angeles County Court to answer to felony extortion charges involving his famous uncle.
According the Los Angeles Times, Alpha Lorenzo Walker, 38, and his girlfriend, Tamara Eileen Diaz, 38, have been charged with “felony extortion of money and other property from Wonder by ‘means of force and threat’.” The pair were arrested on May 2 by undercover agents posing as representatives of the singer.
The couple apparently threatened to reveal “embarrassing information” about Wonder, Walker’s uncle, unless he paid them $5 million. The suspects later dropped their expectations to just $10,000.
Walker, who is said to work as a contractor, is also being held on a probation violation.
Wonder’s most recent activity was his performance at Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee in London earlier this month. Last month, Wonder was honored with a lifetime achievement award at the Billboard Music Awards.
- Jillian Mapes & Michael Verity, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira on Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Ian & Chad from A Great Big World Play ‘Guess the Celebrity NYU Grad or Dropout’ w/ Jim & Kim
- Watch CHVRCHES Cover Lorde’s ‘Team’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour
- Justin Bieber Surprises SXSW With Intimate Show Surrounded By Screams