Cissy Houston Performs In Honor of Whitney
In honor of her daughter, Cissy Houston is heading back to the stage.
The gospel singer, who won a Grammy for her 1996 album, Face To Face, will perform a tribute to Whitney on this year’s BET Awards. The performance, airing live on July 1, will also feature “a few top divas.” The names of the other musicians have not been announced yet.
Along with this performance, Cissy is writing a tell-all book that will address her daughter’s troubled past. She is also filming a reality show with other family members, including Whitney’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina, that will focus on their lives after the death of the late singer.
The Houston matriarch found success singing backup for artists like Elvis and Aretha Franklin and for the last fifty years, has led the Youth Inspirational Choir at the New Hope Baptist Church.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay