In honor of her daughter, Cissy Houston is heading back to the stage.
The gospel singer, who won a Grammy for her 1996 album, Face To Face, will perform a tribute to Whitney on this year’s BET Awards. The performance, airing live on July 1, will also feature “a few top divas.” The names of the other musicians have not been announced yet.
Along with this performance, Cissy is writing a tell-all book that will address her daughter’s troubled past. She is also filming a reality show with other family members, including Whitney’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina, that will focus on their lives after the death of the late singer.
The Houston matriarch found success singing backup for artists like Elvis and Aretha Franklin and for the last fifty years, has led the Youth Inspirational Choir at the New Hope Baptist Church.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Eva Longoria Performs Flo Rida’s ‘Low’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’
- Sia, P!nk, Eddie Vedder Cover Beatles Songs in Netflix Series
- Halsey Hates Being Called ‘Tri-Bi’
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs
- Protesters to Clash Over Beyoncé at NFL Headquarters
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day