It took Shane Battier 832 regular season games and 69 playoff games to reach his first Finals this season with the Heat, and now the 33-year-old veteran is one game away from a ring.
After failing to score in double-digits in back-to-back games during the 2011-12 regular season, Battier put up 17 points in both Games 1 and 2 of the Finals, and has hit 12 of his 19 shots from behind the arc through the first four games of the series. He’s averaging 11.8 points per game against the Thunder despite averaging just 4.8 points per game in 65 games during the regular season.
In the past Battier has attributed his success to TV shows and documentaries, but his Miami teammates have claimed it comes from hard work, dedication and practice. While the jump in Battier’s game is the result of his on-court work, it’s likely his mental pregame preparation also plays a role.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Selena Gomez Confirms Marshmello Collaboration
- Fergie Reveals ‘Double Dutchess’ Tracklist
- Demi Lovato Spills Details On Her Upcoming Album
- Watch Madonna Forget the Words to Her Own ‘B-Day Song’
- James Corden and Lin-Manuel Miranda Perform ‘Hair’ in LA Traffic
- Fresh 102.7’s ‘Women’s Weekend of Winning’