Rihanna To Appear On Oprah’s “Next Chapter”
In response to a tweet from a fan asking Oprah to get Rihanna on the show, the talk show queen responded that the interview was in the works. “She’s coming soon,” the Big O said.
While no specifics were given, Winfrey did mention that the sit-down would take place in August, presumably for her OWN talk show Oprah’s Next Chapter.
This won’t be Rih Rih’s first appearance with Oprah Winfrey. The singer performed a cover of Bob Marley’s classic “Redemption Song” back in January 2010 to benefit victims of the earthquake in Haiti. And following the 2009 assault of Rihanna by former boyfriend Chris Brown, Oprah dedicated an entire show to domestic violence in March 2009.
While Rihanna’s relationship with Brown was at the center of Oprah’s show about domestic violence, there will likely be more Brown-related questions on the menu. Since her last Oprah appearance, Rihanna has recorded the controversial “Birthday Cake” collaboration with Brown. And her name has come up in connection to last week’s bottle fight between Drake and Breezy at a New York night club.
--Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Related Questions: Walk the Moon, ‘Shut Up and Dance’
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Taylor Swift Teases New Song ‘Never Go Out of Style’ in Target Commercial: Watch