Adele’s voice brings some to tears, but for one little girl the singer’s music brought her back to life.
On April 13, 7-year-old Charlotte Neve suffered a brain hemorrhage that left her in coma. Doctors told her mother that she wasn’t expected to survive, but after hearing Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” on the radio in her hospital room the little British girl miraculously awoke. Her mom, Leila, who sang along when she heard her daughter’s favorite song, said Charlotte looked happy the minute she woke up from her week-long coma.
“Charlotte started smiling, and I couldn’t believe it,” she told Britain’s newspaper, The Telegraph. “It was the first time she had reacted to anything since the hemorrhage. The nurses were astounded and told me to keep singing, and she smiled again. The nurses said it was like I ‘unlocked her’ and from that day she started getting better and better.”
The little girl is now at home learning to walk and talk again. She’s even taken up dance classes all because of the power of Adele’s mega-hit.
Seems music really does have the power to heal. Justin Bieber’s music also recently helped a seriously ill 11-year-old fan suffering from lissencephaly, a rare brain disorder.
Watch Adele’s video for “Rolling in the Deep” off of 21 and see if you feel any more alive.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Get An Exclusive Download of Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington
- Take A Tour Of Michael Jackson’s Estate This Sunday On ’60 Minutes’
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- George Michael Injured In Car Crash
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care