Phillip Phillips, season 11 winner of American Idol, was finally able to get the kidney surgery he needed and had delayed until after the finale of the show. And true to the work ethic fans are already familiar with, Idol’s version of Dave Matthews is already back to work in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, his family is dealing with some bad news from back home in Georgia.
The good news for Phillips is that he was released from the hospital on Monday. He told E! News, “I’m out of the hospital and back to work! Looking forward to the future.”
It seems like Phillips will be ready to go for the July 6 kick off of the American Idol Live! tour in Detroit. This surgery is expected to put an end to the health issues that plagued the guitarist throughout the competition.
As the 21-year-old is recovering in Los Angeles with his family, they’re also dealing with the news that their family business had some trouble . The sporting goods and pawn shop that Phillip’s dad owns and runs was broken into over the weekend.
TMZ is reporting that Sunday night someone used a backhoe to smash open the back door of the pawn shop and made off with over $4,000 worth of merchandise. The perpetrators took hand guns, flat screen TVs, antiques and an entire cash register.
Police responded to the break-in, but so far no arrests have been made.
Garret HeinrichThe NEW 103.7 Lite FM
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’