Carly Rae Jepsen has been taking over the radio and internet with her hit single “Call Me Maybe.” This week the song reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. This makes her the first female solo artist to send her first Hot 100 entry to No. 1 since Ke$ha according to Billboard.
Jepsen, who has Justin Bieber to thank for his Twitter mention and video promotion of the song with Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale, is signed to an imprint of Schoolboy Records which was established by Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun.
Bieber himself has never had any of his singles reach No.1 despite his huge social media presence which includes over 20 million Twitter followers. Despite all this, Bieber acts as a proud papa and took to Twitter to congratulate Jepsen yesterday.
Big Shoutout to @carlyraejepsen for getting her first #1 on BILLBOARD HOT 100!! SO PROUD!! CANADA STAND UP!!!
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 13, 2012
Jepsen had only nice things to say about Bieber and everyone who has helped her along the way.
@carlyraejepsen u deserve it. u rock.
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 14, 2012
Celebration time? Celebration time. #1 on billboard. Dreams come true! instagr.am/p/L1enNXKVsN/
— Carly Rae Jepsen (@carlyraejepsen) June 14, 2012
“Call Me Maybe” has become a popular cover song and everyone from former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell to YouTube personality/”Chocolate Rain” guy Tay Zonday have been caught singing along.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Loves Your ‘Hard Times’ Covers
- Amber Rose on Losing Her Virginity: ‘It Was a Very Special Moment’
- Haim Release New Single ‘Right Now,’ Announce New Album
- See The Chainsmokers Performing with Florida Georgia Line
- Karen & Jeffrey Feel Bad For United… So Here Are Things That Are Actually Worse Than United
- Imagine Dragons Debut New Song ‘Thunder’