Listen to Whitney’s Final Songs
On July 31, fans will get a chance to hear Whitney Houston’s last recordings as part of the soundtrack for her upcoming movie, Sparkle.
The collection of songs for the 1976 remake celebrates Motown and features new music from Houston along with cast members Cee Lo Green and Jordin Sparks. The young singer teams up with Houston for the up-beat first single, “Celebration,” which was written by R Kelly specifically for the movie.
Houston, who plays Sparks’ mom in the film, also gets a chance to show off on the gospel hymn, “His Eye is on the Sparrow.” The piano-laden classic is a nod to Whitney’s early years in the church choir.
Listen to the diva’s rendition of “His Eye is on the Sparrow” and “Celebrate,” her duet with Sparks below. A complete tracklisting for the soundtrack will be coming soon. Sparkle hits theaters August 17.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Singing Nun Releases Debut Single and It’s Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’
- Foo Fighters Will Play Chicago’s Wrigley Field Next Summer
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé
- You Are Not Alone: James Blunt Also Got Sick of Hearing ‘You’re Beautiful’
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen