On July 31, fans will get a chance to hear Whitney Houston’s last recordings as part of the soundtrack for her upcoming movie, Sparkle.
The collection of songs for the 1976 remake celebrates Motown and features new music from Houston along with cast members Cee Lo Green and Jordin Sparks. The young singer teams up with Houston for the up-beat first single, “Celebration,” which was written by R Kelly specifically for the movie.
Houston, who plays Sparks’ mom in the film, also gets a chance to show off on the gospel hymn, “His Eye is on the Sparrow.” The piano-laden classic is a nod to Whitney’s early years in the church choir.
Listen to the diva’s rendition of “His Eye is on the Sparrow” and “Celebrate,” her duet with Sparks below. A complete tracklisting for the soundtrack will be coming soon. Sparkle hits theaters August 17.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists React to the Death of Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington
- Chester Bennington Dead, Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging
- Luis Fonsi’s ‘Despacito’ Becomes Most Streamed Song of All Time
- Ryan Seacrest to Return as Host of ‘American Idol’
- Lana Del Rey Talks Trump, America and Women’s Rights
- R. Kelly ‘Baby’ Reveals Strange Happenings in Alleged ‘Sex Cult’