Graffiti6 On Pop Music, Having His Music Covered By One Direction
Graffiti6‘s Jamie Scott takes great pleasure in the fact that he can write for a wide range of artists in the music world. Having collaborated with everyone from One Direction to Enrique Iglesias, Scott admitted that he writes more pop songs than he sometimes realizes.
“I write a lot more pop stuff than maybe I perform myself, which I really enjoy,” he said.
But sometimes that means he has to accept letting go of personal material. In an interview with CBS Local Scott explained what it’s like to have other singers cover his songs.
“For someone else covering one of your songs it’s completely different. They have to understand the song. They have to get inside the song enough to portray it and feel it themselves,” he said.
Able to give the songs away that don’t fit his solo work or Graffiti6, Scott further explained his work process.
“I love the fact that you can get up in the morning, write a song and if it doesn’t feel like something I want to do or I want to perform but I still like what I’m doing there are avenues that you can explore and people that suit those tracks,” he said.
As far as allowing others to perform his material, Scott said it’s just another accomplishment as a songwriter.
“It’s a different achievement. It’s a different feeling getting a song covered by someone else because when you write a song for yourself basically you can’t be wrong,” he said. “If people like it, they like it. If they don’t, they don’t. You’ve written something just for the sake of writing it, which is what writing is about.”
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed with Parkinson’s
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Calls ‘Fancy’ the Song of the Summer
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Jack White to Headline Farm Aid 2014 Alongside Neil Young, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp & Dave Matthews