Graffiti6‘s Jamie Scott takes great pleasure in the fact that he can write for a wide range of artists in the music world. Having collaborated with everyone from One Direction to Enrique Iglesias, Scott admitted that he writes more pop songs than he sometimes realizes.
“I write a lot more pop stuff than maybe I perform myself, which I really enjoy,” he said.
But sometimes that means he has to accept letting go of personal material. In an interview with CBS Local Scott explained what it’s like to have other singers cover his songs.
“For someone else covering one of your songs it’s completely different. They have to understand the song. They have to get inside the song enough to portray it and feel it themselves,” he said.
Able to give the songs away that don’t fit his solo work or Graffiti6, Scott further explained his work process.
“I love the fact that you can get up in the morning, write a song and if it doesn’t feel like something I want to do or I want to perform but I still like what I’m doing there are avenues that you can explore and people that suit those tracks,” he said.
As far as allowing others to perform his material, Scott said it’s just another accomplishment as a songwriter.
“It’s a different achievement. It’s a different feeling getting a song covered by someone else because when you write a song for yourself basically you can’t be wrong,” he said. “If people like it, they like it. If they don’t, they don’t. You’ve written something just for the sake of writing it, which is what writing is about.”
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’