Joan Jett Joins Laura Jane Grace Of Against Me! To Cover The Replacements’ “Androgynous” At Terminal 5
The “Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll” made an appearance in New York City over the weekend when she hopped on stage at Terminal 5 during Against Me!‘s set Friday night. Joan Jett and frontwoman Laura Jane Grace covered The Replacements‘ gender bending anthem “Androgynous,” which bears some significance in light of Grace’s announcement exactly one month ago.
Grace, formerly known as Tom Gable, announced she will begin living her life as a woman, citing that she dealt privately with gender dysphoria for years. Jett has kept her sexuality out of the public eye for decades, wanting critics and fans to focus primarily on her music.
“Androgynous” appeared on The Replacements’ 1984 album Let It Be and marked the first time Paul Westerberg’s songwriting became a focus on a record. “Androgynous” celebrates changing gender images with its lyrics:
“Now something meets Boy, and something meets Girl.
They both look the same, they’re overjoyed in this world.
Same hair, revolution.
Tomorrow who’s gonna fuss.”
The song also appears on Joan Jett’s 2006 album Sinner.
You can watch Jett and Grace’s cover of “Androgynous” below:
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- This Is Great News If You Have A 4th Grader At Home
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Announces Their New Cast For Season 21
- Watch: Miranda Lambert and Friends Playfully Cover Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’
- Miley Cyrus Trolled with ‘Miley, What’s Good?’ Comments on Instagram
- Azealia Banks Thinks Miley, Taylor, and Nicki Make Basic Music
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About New Song Dedicated to Her Late Father