Elton John Joining Queen For AIDS Charity Show Before Euro Cup Final
With a shared goal of fighting AIDS, John and Queen will team up for a charity concert on June 30, the day before the Euro Cup 2012 Final in Kiev, Ukraine. Performers will waive their fees, with proceeds going instead toward the Elton John AIDS Foundation and the Elena Pinchuk ANTIAIDS Foundation.
This is not the first that fans have heard about this show, with Queen drummer Roger Taylor telling Billboard back in April that the band and Lambert were working out the details for a show with John.
While John may have his own AIDS charity, the members of Queen have also done their part in the fight against HIV/AIDS – no surprise considering the AIDS-related death of frontman Freddie Mercury in 1991. The band played Ukraine benefit concert in 2008, with proceeds helping to renovate an orphanage for HIV-positive children.
The show, to be held in Kiev’s Independence Square, is one of four Queen performances with Adam Lambert serving as frontman this summer, all of which take place this summer. With Glambert and Elton on one stage, that’s a staggering amount of showmanship for one concert.
– Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Katy Perry Did Not Eat a Guinea Pig Sandwich
- DNCE Announce ‘SWAAY’ EP and Tease ‘Cake By the Ocean’ Video
- The Gum Commercial That Has America Sobbing
- Rihanna, Selena Gomez & The Weeknd Performing At Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- Watch Lady Gaga’s ‘Til it Happens to You’ Behind-The-Scenes Clip
- Donald Trump and Sia Both Return to ‘Saturday Night Live’ in November