Chris Daughtry Becomes A Superhero
Chris Daughtry might be teaming up with Batman for a new endeavor, but he’s not looking to defeat the Joker. Instead he’s planning to fight hunger in Africa.
The lifelong comic book fan has teamed up with DC Comics, home to not only Gotham’s caped crusader, but a host of other good guys, for the We Can Be Heroes campaign, which looks to help those living in poverty-torn countries like Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya.
“This location is experiencing, what I’m told, is the worst drought in 60 years,” Daughtry told Rolling Stone. “It’s not like there was a huge catastrophe that somebody would know about, like a tsunami or earthquake. People are dying because they have no water and no food and that’s something that we can fix. The solution is get food there, get the resources there. It becomes a solvable problem.”
To lend a hand, Daughtry re-recorded his song “Rescue Me” from his most recent album, Break The Spell with all proceeds going to benefit victims in the Horn of Africa.
The singer also got a chance to live out a high school fantasy, working on a sketch of Batman as part of a traveling exhibition that teams musicians with the illustrators of some of the most famous superheroes. As for Daughtry writing his own comic book series in the future, he says he’s not ruling it out.
“Anything is possible,” he says. “It was something that I wanted to do when I was a kid and it seems like I’m constantly living out childhood dreams, so you never know.”
Fans can buy the acoustic version of “Rescue Me” on iTunes or can go here to donate to the cause.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together