Madonna sure knows how to get her name in the headlines these days. Whether she’s dissing Lady Gaga, showing a photo of a French National Front leader with a swastika on her forehead or revealing more skin than normal, her current MDNA Tour continues to outrage.
While Lady Gaga addressed the insult at a recent concert, the Internet has sounded off on their opinions on Madonna and the consensus is largely against her. Here are five reasons why Madonna should have abstained from that now purposely famous nip slip while in Turkey.
1. Modest Dress Is Expected Because Turkey Is Largely Muslim
Most people in Turkey practice Sunni Islam which says that men and women must be modest. While head scarves are part of the dress code, they are not enforced. Despite head scarves not being mandatory, we’re pretty sure a nip slip is highly frowned upon.
2. Her Boyfriend’s Mom Is Already Not Pleased With Her
Madonna’s 24-year-old dancer boyfriend Brahim Zaibat is Muslim. The fact that she’s 28 years older and not a devout Muslim, like his family, is upsetting.
“I certainly wouldn’t say we’re overjoyed by his relationship with a non-Muslim,” his mother has said. “The fact that she’s Madonna doesn’t make things easier.”
3. She Already Took Down Janet Jackson For Doing the Same Thing
Remember Janet Jackson’s famous “wardrobe malfunction” at the 2004 Super Bowl Halftime Show? Turns out right before Madonna’s Super Bowl performance in February she assured there would be nothing like that during her set.
“You don’t have to show your nipples to be interesting, and it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re cutting-edge if you do,” Madonna said.
4. Because It Could Get Her Head Chopped Off
Three years ago Madonna was targeted by Muslim fanatics who sought revenge for Israel’s attacks on Gaza. A Palestinian terrorist chief even threatened to behead her as Madonna worried for the safety of her kids. Though she increased her personal security, this didn’t stop ongoing hatred and insults thrown in her direction. Her recent performance in Turkey will surely see similar backlash.
5. She’s Setting A Bad Example For Her Kids
Forget that she’s 53-years-old, this move was just in bad taste. Who wants to read headlines of their mom purposely pulling down her bra at a concert? No one.
– Annie Reuter with additional reporting by Nee-Sa Lossing
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See The 1975 At MSG
- The One Song Ed Sheeran Wishes He Kept For Himself
- Jackie Evancho on Inauguration Performance: ‘I’m Hoping that I Can Bring People Together’
- Ed Sheeran on Keeping ‘Shape of You’
- The Chainsmokers are Taking Their Moms to the GRAMMYs
- Understanding the “Baby Shelf” with Karen and Jeffrey