Jersey Native Lauryn Hill Charged With Tax Evasion
Rapper, singer and real housewife of South Orange, New Jersey Lauryn Hill has been charged with tax evasion. Federal prosecutors claim that the former Fugees singer neglected to file federal income tax returns with the IRS between 2005 and 2007.
Reports say that Hill earned $1.6 million during that three year span, citing her primary source of income as royalties from the recording and film industries. The eight-time GRAMMY winner is scheduled to appear in front of a federal magistrate on June 29th. If she is found guilty she could spend up to one year in prison and pay $100,000 fine on each of her tax evasion charges.
Fans were enraged with the miseducated Hill last year when she would routinely appear late to her shows, claiming she was tired of “playing the same music night after night.”
Hill still resides in South Orange, the town she was raised in, with her six children. The five eldest, Selah, Joshua, John, and Sarah, were fathered by Bob Marley’s son, Rohan Marley. Her youngest, Zion David-Nesta, was born last July.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Lawyer for Pharrell, Eagles and John Lennon Threatens to Sue YouTube for $1 Billion
- Listen to Lea Michele Sing ‘Let It Go’ for ‘Glee’
- Every *NSYNC Member Attended Lance Bass’ Wedding Except Justin Timberlake
- Capital Cities’ Sebu Dancifies Warren G & Nate Dogg’s ‘Regulate': Listen & Download
- Kelly Clarkson Stages First Annual ‘Miracle on Broadway’ Christmas Benefit