Is Austin Mahone The Next Justin Bieber?
Mahone just released a lyric video to his new single “Say Somethin'” that is driving teen girls wild all over the Internet.
Austin’s growing success can be attributed to a very active social media presence and a personal connection with fans that looks a lot like how superstar Justin Bieber got his start. He has a live video stream and chat room on his website and answers fan questions on his YouTube channel, which has had close to 73 million views.
“I’ve had a lot of people tell me I’m doing something no one has ever done before” Mahone said in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, referring to his paid Skype sessions with fans. The price is now $50 for a 30 minute session, but manager/mom Michelle says they need to keep changing the price as demand goes up.
According to the article, several record labels are trying to ink a deal with Mahone, and it’s been estimated that it could be as much as 7 figures. He’s got the chops (and sales) to back up all the hype already.
-Drew Sabetti, Hot Hits 95.7/Houston
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 21 Wildly Different Songs All Named ‘Freedom’
- You Can’t Remake ‘Back to the Future’ Until Robert Zemeckis Dies
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck Say They’re Getting Divorced
- Here’s the Only ‘Ant-Man’ Review You Need to Read
- Mumford & Sons Adorn Funny Costumes for ‘The Wolf’ Video
- How to Download Apple Music