Erykah Badu Blasts The Flaming Lips For Leaking Nude Clip
The clip for the ethereal “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” released last week and since taken down, shows Badu soaking in a bathtub singing the lyrics to the Roberta Flack classic as and her sister Nayrok is covered in a milk like liquid and gold glitter. The Queen of Neo Soul claims an uncut version of the video was released without her authorization by Flaming Lips frontman and the clip’s director Wayne Coyne.
In a series of tweets, she blasted the director on Twitter. She scolded him for releasing an unapproved clip.
“You begged me to sit in a tub of that other s*** and I said naw. I refused to sit in any liquid that was not water. But out of RESPECT for you and the artist you ‘appear’ to be, I didn’t wanna kill your concept…U disrespected me by releasing pics and rough vid on the internet without my approval…you can KiSS MY Glittery ASS. O and Nayrok told me to tell u to kiss her ass too.”
Badu is no stranger to video controversy or being seen in the buff. The influential songstress, who made her debut with the 1997 landmark Baduizm, dropped the video for 2010′s “Window Seat,” which featured her in the nude in public. She was ordered to pay a $500 fine for disorderly conduct and agreed to serve six months probation for taking off her clothes while walking through Dallas’ Dealey Plaza, the site of President John F. Kennedy’s 1963 assassination.
-Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo