“Call Me Maybe” Performed With Elementary School Instruments
What do a kazoo, bongos, a tambourine and Jimmy Fallon have in common? They’re all things Carly Rae Jepsen can see in the latest viral video rendition of “Call Me Maybe.”
Jepsen, Fallon and The Roots got together backstage before Thursday night’s episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to record their own version of the song of the summer — entirely on instruments you would find in an elementary school classroom.
Making this happen required two recorders, a toy xylophone, a ukulele, a washboard stick, a wood block, and Jespen’s mad triangle playing skills.
Jepsen Tweeted out a hint that the video was coming yesterday.
Is this a contender for the new best viral version of “Call Me Maybe?”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay