“Call Me Maybe” Performed With Elementary School Instruments
What do a kazoo, bongos, a tambourine and Jimmy Fallon have in common? They’re all things Carly Rae Jepsen can see in the latest viral video rendition of “Call Me Maybe.”
Jepsen, Fallon and The Roots got together backstage before Thursday night’s episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to record their own version of the song of the summer — entirely on instruments you would find in an elementary school classroom.
Making this happen required two recorders, a toy xylophone, a ukulele, a washboard stick, a wood block, and Jespen’s mad triangle playing skills.
Jepsen Tweeted out a hint that the video was coming yesterday.
Is this a contender for the new best viral version of “Call Me Maybe?”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars Brought the ‘Funk’ to ‘SNL’: Watch
- Ariana Grande Gets a Little Love Advice from Kris Kringle on ‘Santa Tell Me’: Listen
- One Direction Win Big at 2014 American Music Awards
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom