Chris Rene is excited and hopeful for his new life after placing third runner-up on the X-Factor this past season.
In an interview with 92.3 NOW/New York, Rene said he is stoked to wake up every morning and do what he loves. He said because of his new found success, he is looking forward to all the possibilities and opportunities that could come his way after the album is released.
“This is brand new for me, so I’m motivated by all the things that can happen when my album’s released and my next single and everything,” Rene said.
Since his stint on X-Factor, Rene recently signed with Epic Records and has been working on his debut album since.
“The album is going to be insane,” Rene said. “It’s almost done right now, you can expect greatness because that’s what it’s going to be.”
Rene said he feels this album will show people what he has to offer as a musician. He said he has yet to scratch the surface of what he knows he is capable of doing and his album helps demonstrate his potential.
His first single, “Young Homie,” was also the X-Factor audition song that launched him into America’s hearts.
“This song is an inspirational song, it’s a song for everyone,” he said.
Rene said the best advice he has for aspiring musicians is to believe you can make it.
“The passion that they have, like, in their hearts is what’s going to guide them to go and they’re going to be influence by all kinds of stuff,” he said. “But, just to believe you can do it, that’s all it takes.”
-Sarah Scroggins, CBS Local/92.3 NOW
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Britney Spears Waited 5 Months to Call Boyfriend Sam Asghari
- Sean Spicer Fact Checked Back to Beyoncé
- The Weeknd Subtly Jabs Justin Bieber Over ‘Wack’ Insult
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 11 Essential John Mayer Songs for Lyrical Lovers
- Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Halftime Show Performance will be Really Expensive
- Twenty One Pilots, Frank Ocean, Chance The Rapper to Headline Sasquatch Festival