Unreleased Michael Jackson Track from “Bad” Surfaces Online
“Don’t Be Messing Around,” a previously unreleased track from the Michael Jackson classic Bad has circulated ahead of the album’s 25th anniversary reissue.
As should be expected with most unreleased singles and B-sides, the song has received a mixed reaction from fans and critics. The track features a distinct hook and the type of beat that would fit well on a Michael Jackson record in the ’80s, but just doesn’t quite reach the thrilling heights of Bad’s best tracks.
One interesting detail about “Don’t Be Messing Round” is that Michael plays piano on the track – a rarity for him during his career, especially his ’80s peak. The song was actually originally intended for Thriller, but in retrospect if it wasn’t good enough for Bad it clearly wasn’t good enough for the biggest album of all time.
Not all is great for the MJ estate these days, though. They just got hit with a massive $1 billion (that’s “billion” with a B) lawsuit, according to TMZ. Kimberly Griggs claims to be a former lover of Michael’s and is seeking damages because she claims many of the best songs off MJ’s albums were written about her, and Michael had promised her rights to the songs. She is also a former convict, spending time in prison for robbery, so skepticism is understandable.
The Bad 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition, featuring 3 discs and a DVD containing previously unseen footage, comes out September 18.
– Matt Dolloff, 103.3 WODS
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- Rihanna Teases New Album with 15-Second Snippet