The members of Train cannot speak Spanish. This becomes abundantly clear in a new web video for their song, “50 Ways To Say Goodbye.”
In the just released viral clip, the band makes a few calls – more than ten – to hire a mariachi band to perform their new song. The four Mexican musicians then take over a cafe to serenade unexpected diners who are trying to finish their burritos.
For the song off their most recent album, California 37, Pat Monahan and the guys pay homage to Paul Simon’s classic “50 Ways To Leave Your Lover.” This time around though the band comes up with some inventive ways to save their own pride after being dumped. From falling into a cement mixer to getting running over by a crappy purple Scion, Monahan would rather say this girl’s dead than admit she broke his heart.
Though the mariachi band gave a performance that had diners reaching for their iPhones, fans don’t actually get a chance to hear their rendition. Instead viewers can watch them while listening to Train, not that that’s a bad thing.
Follow along with the bouncing crown below to learn all the ways to say goodbye to a future ex and be on the lookout for the band’s official video coming soon.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Halsey Has Harsh Words for Iggy Azalea
- Fifth Harmony Founder Says Fans are ‘Fifth Member’ of Group
- Jennifer Lopez Puts ‘Photoshop’ Accusers in their Place
- Watch Camila Cabello Perform ‘Crying in the Club’ on ‘The Tonight Show’
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’
- Interview: Jeffrey Makes a ‘Love Connection’ with Host Andy Cohen