The Black Keys Are Totally Creepy-Awesome In Video For “Gold On The Ceiling”
The Black Keys already have a video out for their infectious song “Gold On The Ceiling.” It features them going through their tour grind and is a classic artistically done day-in-the-life rockstar montage.
But the sardonic pair decided to do a complete 180 with their new video for “Gold On The Ceiling” and enlisted realistic shock-art director Harmony Korine for the task.
Known for his provocative movies like Gummo, Kids, and Trash Humpers, Korine takes the Black Keys’ classic absurdism to a whole new level. Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney are dressed like giant babies in mint green and pink onesies.
Attached to them are even larger giant baby versions of themselves with painted “death mask” faces that weeble-wobble around a backwoods country house, hands and heads vibrating like weird bobble heads.
If you’re watching the video right now and muttering “what” to yourself, consider yourself part of the confused majority. It’s practically impossible to analyze the symbolism of the video; they’re dressed like babies and dollar signs flash across the screen. The video doesn’t make any sense, but it doesn’t have to. It’s strangely awesome.
And the “ATL Twins” at the end with the bars of gold are pure…gold.
–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets For Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’ Tour
- Harrison Ford in Critical Condition after Plane Crash
- Pharrell, Lorde, John Legend Parodied in the Funniest Bar Mitzvah Video of All Time: Watch
- The 6 Creepiest Characters Played By Anthony Hopkins
- It Cost $6.9 Million to Make ‘Blurred Lines’ a Hit, Here’s How
- ‘House of Cards’ Becomes a Sitcom in This Hilarious Parody