The Black Keys Are Totally Creepy-Awesome In Video For “Gold On The Ceiling”
The Black Keys already have a video out for their infectious song “Gold On The Ceiling.” It features them going through their tour grind and is a classic artistically done day-in-the-life rockstar montage.
But the sardonic pair decided to do a complete 180 with their new video for “Gold On The Ceiling” and enlisted realistic shock-art director Harmony Korine for the task.
Known for his provocative movies like Gummo, Kids, and Trash Humpers, Korine takes the Black Keys’ classic absurdism to a whole new level. Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney are dressed like giant babies in mint green and pink onesies.
Attached to them are even larger giant baby versions of themselves with painted “death mask” faces that weeble-wobble around a backwoods country house, hands and heads vibrating like weird bobble heads.
If you’re watching the video right now and muttering “what” to yourself, consider yourself part of the confused majority. It’s practically impossible to analyze the symbolism of the video; they’re dressed like babies and dollar signs flash across the screen. The video doesn’t make any sense, but it doesn’t have to. It’s strangely awesome.
And the “ATL Twins” at the end with the bars of gold are pure…gold.
–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder
- Lily Allen Reveals ‘Sheezus’ Release Date, New Song ‘Our Time’
- Kim’s College: Kristen Bell’s Latest Movie, Ghost Stories & Leo Lies!
- Anger Management On FX, Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon & Justin Bieber Back At It: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- This Week On FM Magazine: HELP USA
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014