The Black Keys Are Totally Creepy-Awesome In Video For “Gold On The Ceiling”
The Black Keys already have a video out for their infectious song “Gold On The Ceiling.” It features them going through their tour grind and is a classic artistically done day-in-the-life rockstar montage.
But the sardonic pair decided to do a complete 180 with their new video for “Gold On The Ceiling” and enlisted realistic shock-art director Harmony Korine for the task.
Known for his provocative movies like Gummo, Kids, and Trash Humpers, Korine takes the Black Keys’ classic absurdism to a whole new level. Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney are dressed like giant babies in mint green and pink onesies.
Attached to them are even larger giant baby versions of themselves with painted “death mask” faces that weeble-wobble around a backwoods country house, hands and heads vibrating like weird bobble heads.
If you’re watching the video right now and muttering “what” to yourself, consider yourself part of the confused majority. It’s practically impossible to analyze the symbolism of the video; they’re dressed like babies and dollar signs flash across the screen. The video doesn’t make any sense, but it doesn’t have to. It’s strangely awesome.
And the “ATL Twins” at the end with the bars of gold are pure…gold.
–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- This Is Great News If You Have A 4th Grader At Home
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Announces Their New Cast For Season 21
- Watch: Miranda Lambert and Friends Playfully Cover Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’
- Miley Cyrus Trolled with ‘Miley, What’s Good?’ Comments on Instagram
- Azealia Banks Thinks Miley, Taylor, and Nicki Make Basic Music
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About New Song Dedicated to Her Late Father