Matchbox Twenty is releasing their new album, North, on September 4. In a video posted this week for fans, the band members take us inside the studio while they work on the first single and share their thoughts with each other about the new release.
In behind the scenes footage, you first see the guys working on their new song, “She So Mean” down in the Nashville studio they called home while putting North together. Due out June 12, the single is a foot stompin’ look at a no good-woman. In the clip, singer Rob Thomas and the guys figure out the best way to sing the line, “you better get your s*** together boy/ you better get out now,” repeating it over and over til they get it right.
The band took two years to write this album and came away with 60 ideas that eventually were paired down to the 12 songs that appear on North. They wanted to give fans a Matchbox Twenty album, but didn’t want to just repeat themselves.
And as the the frontman states in the video, he wants this Matchbox record to be “f****** great,” before teasing fans with a few seconds of “She’s So Mean.”
But if a snippet’s just not enough, try your hand at a little word game the band put together to unlock the first single.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ed Sheeran on Liberian Relief Trip: ‘Nothing Could Have Prepared Me for What I Saw’
- John Mayer Wrote ‘Still Feel Like Your Man’ About Katy Perry
- Jay Z will Produce Two Projects about Trayvon Martin
- Win Passes To An Advanced Screening Of “Going In Style”
- Zayn Malik Drops New Track ‘Still Got Time’ Featuring PartyNextDoor