Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan divulged that while the way a song takes shape is different every time the overall collective process is very similar.
“We start with the beat and the form and the melody and then we put lyrics to that. It kind of changes whenever we have inspired moments,” Nick explained. “We’re always walking down the street with our iPhones just typing in the voice memo thing.”
“You record voice memos on the road but it’s always gibberish,” Amy admitted.
While the duo write together a lot Amy said it took a while for them to realize what they had.
“It’s very unique. We were dating for four or five years before we started Karmin and I remember when we discovered that we had that synergy. It was wild,” she said.
Being a couple and together in a band Nick said he never hides secret messages in his songs for Amy to figure out on her own.
“I’m not there yet, maybe album two,” he joked. “We always talk everything through. When you’re in a band with your significant other communication is the first thing that you have to figure out. If not, then things start getting weird.”
“We write about our ex-boyfriends and girlfriends sometimes,” Amy added.
“Or about our friends, exaggerated situations, stuff like that,” Nick said.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Supports Women’s March on Washington
- Questlove will Pay Chrisette Michele Not to Perform at Trump Inauguration
- Will Lady Gaga Perform on Stadium Roof During Super Bowl Halftime?
- 5 Singers Who Could Replace Fergie in Black Eyed Peas
- Jeffrey’s Mom Skips Touristy NYC Spots for Something Much More Exciting…
- Weird Celebrity Foods With Karen and Jeffrey