Kelly Talks Love and Fitness In ‘Redbook’
For the last ten years, fans have watched Kelly Clarkson go from 19-year-old unknown to mega-superstar. Throughout that time Kelly’s always been open about her weight issues. Now in the newest issue of Redbook she lets fans know just how she got her rockin’ bod.
Gracing the cover of their July issue, Clarkson chalks her new look up to good ol’ fashioned exercise. Her routine includes cardio, running and strength-training to keep her in shape. Though, the “Since You’ve Been Gone” singer is impressed with the results, she doesn’t want to become an exercise junkie.
“Really, what I try to instill in my fans is to be healthy and happy,” she told the magazine. “I have no desire to be super-skinny.”
But the singer can’t chalk her new look up to just exercise. In fact, she says her boyfriend, Brandon Blackstock, has more than a little bit to do with it, even making her feel things she’s never felt before.
“‘Where’s the kick in the ass?’ I told my assistant that [the other day]. I said, ‘I’m just waiting for something to blow up.’ She said, ‘No, that’s what happiness is.’ I’m like, ‘Maybe I’ve never been happy!’ Because Brandon does, he makes me happy.”
Kelly’s issue of Redbook where she talks about her new show Duets, her new love and her new body hits newsstands June 12.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?
- Beyoncé & Jay Z’s Cuba Anniversary Trip Deemed Legal By U.S. Government
- Carl Newman: The New Pornographers’ Reluctant Leader
- Is This Five Seconds of Kanye West’s Alleged Paul McCartney Collaboration?
- Taylor Swift Will Not Sing About Exes, Air Dirty Laundry on ‘1989’
- Listen to a Preview of Ariana Grande’s ‘Too Close’