Curious collaborations and more than a few surprises can be expected tonight during the CMT Music Awards in Nashville. And one of those get-togethers will be a performance that’s been concocted between Lady Antebellum and Hot Chelle Rae.
Hot Chelle Rae are, of course, not country but the guys are based in Nashville and they are friends with the members of Lady A.
There’s no word yet on what the performance will entail. The bands and CMT are keeping it under wraps, so as not to ruin the surprise.
“[Lady A] had this little idea they came up with that involves us,” the members of Hot Chelle Rae explained in a backstage interview during rehearsals for the show. “We can’t give away the big reveal, but it’s gonna be exciting, and I think everyone’s going to freak out.”
And the collaboration between the two bands isn’t that much of a stretch, although seeing Hot Chelle Rae on the CMT Awards is a surprise.
“We just finished touring with Taylor Swift earlier this year,” says Hot Chelle Rae. “Genre lines are blurring year by year…we’ll never be surprised to work with anybody.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Andy Grammer is Going Deeper with New Music: “The world is tough right now. We need this.”
- Dr. Luke & Kesha’s Mother Issue Statement on Defamation Dismissal
- 5 Awesome P!nk Instagram Moments for National Pink Day
- FM Magazine: ‘War Within’
- Britney Spears Welcomed to Thailand with ‘Toxic’ Cover Video
- Adam Lambert Debuts New Single Live