Curious collaborations and more than a few surprises can be expected tonight during the CMT Music Awards in Nashville. And one of those get-togethers will be a performance that’s been concocted between Lady Antebellum and Hot Chelle Rae.
Hot Chelle Rae are, of course, not country but the guys are based in Nashville and they are friends with the members of Lady A.
There’s no word yet on what the performance will entail. The bands and CMT are keeping it under wraps, so as not to ruin the surprise.
“[Lady A] had this little idea they came up with that involves us,” the members of Hot Chelle Rae explained in a backstage interview during rehearsals for the show. “We can’t give away the big reveal, but it’s gonna be exciting, and I think everyone’s going to freak out.”
And the collaboration between the two bands isn’t that much of a stretch, although seeing Hot Chelle Rae on the CMT Awards is a surprise.
“We just finished touring with Taylor Swift earlier this year,” says Hot Chelle Rae. “Genre lines are blurring year by year…we’ll never be surprised to work with anybody.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Karen and Jeffrey Reveal the One Simple Trick To Make You Irresistible To Men
- The Britney Spears Biopic Trailer is Here
- Fifth Harmony, Carly Rae Jepsen, Nick Jonas Set for NHL All-Star Game
- The Weeknd’s Albums and Mixtapes Ranked
- Justin Timberlake, Lin-Manuel Miranda Nominated for Oscars
- Britney Spears Waited 5 Months to Call Boyfriend Sam Asghari