Cissy Houston is Ready To Write About Whitney
Cissy Houston is ready to talk about Whitney, announcing that she is writing a tell-all book that will cover the good, the bad and the ugly of her daughter’s life.
Houston has signed with publisher HarperCollins to tell the “unabridged and unbelievable” story of the diva touching on her drug addiction and her tumultuous marriage to Bobby Brown.
“When I lost my daughter Nippy, the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman,” Houston said in a statement.
She hopes this book will give fans something to treasure, the way they treasured Whitney before her tragic death in February.
“We are still receiving thousands of letters each day from her fans,” she said. “And I hope reading this book will provide a deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story.”
Though two months ago rumors started swirling that Cissy was working on a memoir, this is the first official announcement. The as-yet-untitled book is scheduled to come out in February.
This is Mama Houston’s second foray into writing. Back in 1998, she wrote How Sweet the Sound: My Life with God and Gospel about her own music career.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best