Bruce Springsteen: America’s (Hypothetical) Choice To Pen New National Anthem
If the American public had its way, Bruce Springsteen would be write a new National Anthem that would be heard before every ball game and at the start of every school day across the country.
Let’s be clear: Nobody is looking to replace Francis Scott Key’s The Star-Spangled Banner with an updated version of musical nationalism. But according to a new poll, if one person were put in charge of such a task, the citizens of this great country of ours choose The Boss.
The poll, conducted by CBS’s 60 Minutes and Vanity Fair, reveals that 22 percent of people polled choose Mr. “Born in the U.S.A.” as the man with the red, white and blue plan to rock our patriotic socks off. The Boss barely edges out Dolly Parton, who received 19 percent of votes.
- E.J. Judge, WCBSFM New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt, Has an Arrest Warrant
- Justin Bieber Accused of Attempted Robbery at Dave & Buster’s
- Justin Bieber Covers Johnny Cash’s ‘Ring of Fire': Watch
- Scott Weiland Imposter Allegedly Fronts Stone Temple Pilots Cover Band
- Win Tickets To See Colbie Caillat At Fresh’s Up Close & Personal
- Charli XCX Goes Back to School in ‘Break the Rules’ Video: Watch