Sheryl Crow Diagnosed With Benign Brain Tumor
Just a month ago at a show in Florida, Sheryl Crow did what every singer hopes never happens: she forgot lyrics to her hit song “Soak Up the Sun” in front of the entire audience. She quickly hid the hiccup by explaining that it was her age that hindered her memory. What Crow didn’t reveal was that, just months before, she had been diagnosed with a brain tumor.
In a new interview with the Las Vegas Review-Journal, she opened up about her sudden forgetfulness and memory lapses. “I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI. And I found out I have a brain tumor,” she said candidly.
“I haven’t really talked about it,” she went on to say. But she assured fans that it’s nothing to be worried about. “It’s benign, so I don’t have to worry about it. But it gives me a fit.” She was even in high spirits while opening up about her diagnosis, having laughed with the reporter the entire time.
This isn’t Crow’s first medical rollercoaster. In 2006, she was diagnosed with breast cancer just shortly after her divorce from Lance Armstrong. After undergoing a minimally invasive surgery and rounds of radiation, the cancer went into remission.
Currently, she is focusing on releasing new music without a current record label, working with film director Barry Levinson on a musical of his 1982 debut Diner, and spending time with her two kids in Nashville.
-Jodi Phillips / The New 103.7/Charlotte
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings