News came from across the pond this week that Paul McCartney will be the closing act for the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
He confirmed the news in an interview with BBC Radio 5 Live Drive by saying, “I’ve been booked” as well as mentioning his placement among the night’s concert celebration.
McCartney was just in London to perform at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Concert this week, also closing out the star-packed bill, complete with fireworks and Beatles favorites.
A full line-up of artists for the Olympic’s opening ceremony has yet to be announced. Famed Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle is the Artistic Director for the event.
The 2012 London Olympics opening ceremony will be held on July 27, marking the beginning of the Summer Games.
– Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Backstreet Boys and More Light Up We Can Survive 2016
- Lady Gaga Discusses Sonja, from Her Song ‘Grigio Girls’
- Taylor Swift’s Cat is Keeping Her Awake
- Amy Schumer Parodies Beyoncé’s ‘Formation’ Video
- Tom DeLonge Reacts to Wikileaks Email Dump
- Azealia Banks Says She’s Pressing Charges Against Russell Crowe