fun. Debut Battle Heavy Video For “Some Nights”
fun.‘s latest music video “Some Nights” begins with a young couple on a farm before the man is called off to war. The sound of military troops approaching in the distance is countered by frontman Nate Ruess’ captivating vocals.
“Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck/ Some nights I call it a draw/ Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle/ Some nights I wish they’d just fall off,” he sings.
The elaborate clip switches gears from the eyes of Confederate and Union soldiers fighting in the Civil War to their loved ones back home. Clocking in at nearly six minutes we see the battlefield firsthand with foot-stomping beats that bring to mind a military march and signal that the death toll of war is inevitable.
As death is portrayed on the battlefield Ruess’ inner dialogue questions the soldier’s fight.
“So this is it?/ I sold my soul for this? . . . I miss my mom and dad for this?”
The band is portrayed on a stage set up on the battlefield as the war’s intensity heats up. While it’s uncertain just which side the young man is fighting for, the history books have taught us which side won the war. You’ll just have to watch the video to see fun.’s version.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog