Christina Perri’s new single, “Distance” is a bittersweet duet with her friend, Jason Mraz. But even though the song is kind of a bummer, the two manage to keep the mood lighthearted while singing it.
In a new video for the song, which premiered on Rolling Stone, Perri and Mraz are singing their hearts out in a very eclectic looking recording studio. In fact, things seem so easygoing that Mraz opts for an exercise ball instead of a stool. Back in April, Perri released a video for “Distance” featuring the cast of Revenge, but with just an acoustic guitar this new bare bones version gets to the heartache of the song.
“‘Distance’ is a about loving someone at the wrong time in your life,” Perri told the magazine. “Maybe it’s too soon, maybe it’s too late, but nevertheless it’s about being around that one whom your heart longs for without being able to show your true feelings, without being able to tell them.”
She added, “It’s very hard to keep love a secret, and I wrote this song about the one time I had to.”
Fans can also catch the two together this summer on Mraz’s ‘Tour is a Four Letter Word” outing that kicks off August 9 in New Orleans. Check out Christina or Jason’s site to see when they’re coming to your town.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’