Drake Gets Served Something Heavy On Twitter
Drake has been working hard for his money from the start. From earning toonies in Canada as Jimmy Brooks from Degrassi: The Next Generation to stacking platinum records as hip hop’s most sensitive lyricist, Drake has earned every penny.
And it certainly wasn’t easy, that’s for sure. Well, the first million wasn’t. That was Drake’s message to the 7.4+ million people who follow him on Twitter. But money just changed everything. Like Drake’s humility, which appears to have gone out the window.
Fortunately for the world, an old oil tycoon from Texas named T. Boone Pickens happens to follow him on Twitter and slammed the shutters shut before it got away.
That was better than Eminem’s final rap battle verse Papa Doc in 8 Mile.
Whether Pickens actually pays mind to his Twitter or just typed “millions” in the search bar like it’s Google at the exact moment Drake let that tweet fly is irrelevant. Old money fought new money, and old money won.
E.J. Judge, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings