Drake has been working hard for his money from the start. From earning toonies in Canada as Jimmy Brooks from Degrassi: The Next Generation to stacking platinum records as hip hop’s most sensitive lyricist, Drake has earned every penny.
And it certainly wasn’t easy, that’s for sure. Well, the first million wasn’t. That was Drake’s message to the 7.4+ million people who follow him on Twitter. But money just changed everything. Like Drake’s humility, which appears to have gone out the window.
Fortunately for the world, an old oil tycoon from Texas named T. Boone Pickens happens to follow him on Twitter and slammed the shutters shut before it got away.
That was better than Eminem’s final rap battle verse Papa Doc in 8 Mile.
Whether Pickens actually pays mind to his Twitter or just typed “millions” in the search bar like it’s Google at the exact moment Drake let that tweet fly is irrelevant. Old money fought new money, and old money won.
E.J. Judge, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Dave Grohl Talks Lyrical Inspiration, Shuts Down Adele, Taylor Swift Rumors
- Katy Perry to Host MTV Video Music Awards
- The Killers Share ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ Album Tracklist
- Hayley Williams Shares Unreleased Paramore Song ‘Temporary’
- Questionable Beauty Hack: Is This Genius Or Gross?
- Jennifer Lopez Sends Sugary Sweet Birthday Message to Alex Rodriguez