Drake Gets Served Something Heavy On Twitter
Drake has been working hard for his money from the start. From earning toonies in Canada as Jimmy Brooks from Degrassi: The Next Generation to stacking platinum records as hip hop’s most sensitive lyricist, Drake has earned every penny.
And it certainly wasn’t easy, that’s for sure. Well, the first million wasn’t. That was Drake’s message to the 7.4+ million people who follow him on Twitter. But money just changed everything. Like Drake’s humility, which appears to have gone out the window.
Fortunately for the world, an old oil tycoon from Texas named T. Boone Pickens happens to follow him on Twitter and slammed the shutters shut before it got away.
That was better than Eminem’s final rap battle verse Papa Doc in 8 Mile.
Whether Pickens actually pays mind to his Twitter or just typed “millions” in the search bar like it’s Google at the exact moment Drake let that tweet fly is irrelevant. Old money fought new money, and old money won.
E.J. Judge, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Listen: Prince Drops Two New Songs, ‘U Know’ & ‘Whitecaps’
- Maroon 5 Announce 2015 World Tour
- Former Survivor Frontman Jimi Jamison Dead at 63
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter After Controversial Comments on Consent
- Two Unreleased Adele Tracks Leak
- Fresh Artist Of the Day: Win $500 + Front Row Seats at Fresh Fall Fest