Even the mayflies love Colbie Caillat. After stopping at 100.7 Star/Pittsburgh for a lunchtime performance for listeners on Tuesday, Colbie headed for Stage AE to prepare for her outdoor show with Andy Grammer and Gavin DeGraw. Little did she know that the mayflies were preparing for their place on the bill too.
Listed as the co-headliner, Colbie was upstaged during her last song by a swarm of mayflies who apparently wanted in on the audience participation portion of her biggest hit, “Bubbly.” While she performed the song she said, “I’m so sorry guys, but this is so scary. I don’t know if I can keep singing. I think one just flew up my dress.”
While it took her some time to get over the initial shock, Colbie finished out the show despite the unexpected chorus of bugs. If her 100.7 Stars fans at noon and later at Stage AE didn’t leave her with a memorable Pittsburgh experience the mayflies did. Maybe her next visit will included a slightly altered version of the song called “Buggly.”
– Scott Alexander 100.7/Pittsburgh
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism
- Niall Horan Peer Pressures Jimmy Fallon into Gangnam Style Dance