Jermaine Paul On Cee Lo’s ‘Shady’ Eyewear, Life After “The Voice”
There was quite a bit of controversy over Xtina butting heads with Adam Levine this season, but as far as Jermaine is concerned, the rivalry stayed on the coaches’ side of the equation.
“They’re coaches, that’s what they do. We’re on the other side as contestants, we’re trying to give the best performance every night. I’m gonna let them do whatever they’re doing.”
Grateful for his win, Jermaine said he has coach Blake Shelton to thank.
“I picked the best coach on the show. Blake Shelton is absolutely the best coach. He keeps me away from all the craziness. Thank God we won,” he said.
But while Jermaine was happy with his choice of a judge, the way he picked Shelton wasn’t very orthodox — the contestant was turned off by Cee Lo’s glasses. “Cee Lo had the dark shades, and I was really looking for a connection. This wasn’t just a game show for me. This was real life,” he said. “I was not trying to get up there and do the best television show ever, I was trying to make the best decision for my career.”
Before The Voice win, Jermaine put in his share of work, singing background vocals for Alicia Keys for eight years, and he’s been taking notes all along. “I plan on using the things that I’ve learned with my own career,” he said.
Jermaine has a new single coming out on Father’s Day, and while it’s a cover he’s sending it out to fathers and daughters everywhere.
- Bill Sencio 96.5 Tic/Hartford
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fresh $10,000 Thursday Artist Of The Day Giveaway
- The Sisters HAIM ‘Live In’ Their Levi’s Jeans
- Marilyn Manson Talks About Wearing Makeup with His Dad in ‘Paper’ Magazine
- Taylor Swift Grants Last Wish of 4-Year-Old Fan with Terminal Cancer
- Sleeping With Sirens Have Written the Next Big Rock Album
- Did Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Have the Most Boring Bachelor Party Ever?