The Killers New Album Slated For Autumn Release
Las Vegas, Nevada’s the Killers were at the pinnacle of their killer career when their last album Day & Age came out. But it’s been four years.
Since then, rumors have abounded about the band’s status. Are they broken up? Are they working on a new album? Frontman Brandon Flowers put out a solo album in 2010 called Flamingo, cementing popular belief that the Killers were officially done.
But word spread that the band has spent the last year working on their new album–which they recently announced will be called Battle Born and out in autumn of this year.
“In a sense, all Americans are battle born. Our ancestors came here for something better,” said Flowers in an interview with Rolling Stone. The title is also the name of the band’s studio and nickname for their home state of Nevada.
Confirmed song titles on the album include “Runaways,” “Carry Me Home,” “Flesh and Bone,” and “Heart Of A Girl.”
Drummer Ronnie Vannucci said that Battle Born will be their “difficult fourth record” and that the music writing process is “living up” to its evocative title.
-Nadia Noir, KROQ/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Maroon 5 Finally Find More Than a Friend in ‘It Was Always You’
- Single Again: Eve 6 – ‘Inside Out’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’