“Taylor Swift: Speak Now – Treasures From the World Tour” Exhibit To Open
Taylor Swift’s Speak Now World Tour was one of the biggest of 2011, bringing in over $97 million and ranking top 5 in Billboard‘s top 25 tours of the year. Now fans have a chance to experience more of the legendary tour firsthand at the Country Music Hall of Fame® in Nashville beginning June 6.
The Taylor Swift: Speak Now — Treasures From the World Tour exhibit will run through November 4 and will feature an array of costumes, props, set pieces and instruments from the 111-date tour. The exhibit will feature 10 scenes from the Speak Now production, including the Juliet balcony that Swift used to fly over audiences during concerts; nine stage outfits, including the famous gold Roberto Cavalli dress; and stage instruments including a few guitars, banjo and ukulele.
Museum director Kyle Young hopes the Taylor Swift exhibit will be the first in a series of short-run exhibitions during the summer months. “Taylor is at the forefront of what’s going on now in music and we strive to be relevant,” Young told USA Today. “This lends itself to a large exhibition, simply because of how elaborate the tour itself was.”
Recently, Taylor Swift donated $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame® in hopes to open the Taylor Swift Education Center, a 7,500 square foot facility to promote music education and creative expression. This exhibit, however, was not influenced by Taylor’s immense donation but instead conversations between the singer and the museum staff.
-Jodi Phillips, The New 103.7/Charlotte
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Gwen Stefani Working with Pharrell on New Solo Album
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch