For some bands it takes years to find a unique style. When Karmin‘s Amy Heidemann sat with Jim & Kim here at Fresh 102.7 last week, she shared the details behind her fashion sense and how you can get her signature look.
“A year ago we were eating spaghetti and we had just a web cam and some YouTube videos,” Amy said. “I always wanted to do the retro thing. I love Gwen Stefani, love Janelle Monae. I love classy, retro inspired babes but with an edge of spiciness.”
A year can make a major difference and Amy learned this firsthand.
“Now that we have the resources of a stylist and the label and everybody’s supporting us and sending us clothes it’s so much easier. This is called a suicide roll,” Amy said pointing to her head. “It’s a 1940s hairstyle.”
Admitting it was hard to come up with a signature style, Amy urges fans to watch her how-to video.
“You can check the tutorial on YouTube, it’s free. And send me a picture if you do it.”
In the video Amy tells viewers all they need is a few bobby pins, hair spray, comb and a hair band to create a suicide roll for themselves. To learn how you can look just like Karmin, watch the video below.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- Watch Mary J. Blige Reveal Her ‘Favorite Things’ In New Video
- R. Kelly’s ‘Trapped in the Closet’ to Return with New Chapters in 2014
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’