Karmin On Finding Their Signature Style
For some bands it takes years to find a unique style. When Karmin‘s Amy Heidemann sat with Jim & Kim here at Fresh 102.7 last week, she shared the details behind her fashion sense and how you can get her signature look.
“A year ago we were eating spaghetti and we had just a web cam and some YouTube videos,” Amy said. “I always wanted to do the retro thing. I love Gwen Stefani, love Janelle Monae. I love classy, retro inspired babes but with an edge of spiciness.”
A year can make a major difference and Amy learned this firsthand.
“Now that we have the resources of a stylist and the label and everybody’s supporting us and sending us clothes it’s so much easier. This is called a suicide roll,” Amy said pointing to her head. “It’s a 1940s hairstyle.”
Admitting it was hard to come up with a signature style, Amy urges fans to watch her how-to video.
“You can check the tutorial on YouTube, it’s free. And send me a picture if you do it.”
In the video Amy tells viewers all they need is a few bobby pins, hair spray, comb and a hair band to create a suicide roll for themselves. To learn how you can look just like Karmin, watch the video below.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings