New York City Super Chef Anthony Bourdain Joins CNN
Chef, author and television personality Anthony Bourdain is making the move to CNN to host a new weekend program. His latest endeavour will see the Big Apple born chef traveling around the world and examining cultures through their food, dining and travel rituals. The program will launch at the start of 2013 and air on Sunday in prime time.
“For more than a decade, Anthony Bourdain has been a trailblazer in educating Americans about different cuisines and cultures around the world, as well as an outspoken commentator on social trends ranging from the rise of celebrity chefs to the impact of fast food chains to the spread of vegetarianism and veganism,” says CNN Worldwide Executive Vice President and Managing Editor, Mark Whitaker.
Bourdain rose to prominence for his 2000 book Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, and as the host of Travel Channel’s EMMY Award winning program Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
“I hope that old fans and new ones will be excited about what’s coming down the road,” Bordain says about his newest venture.
Bourdain is currently a chef at large, but resides at Brasserie Les Halles in New York City, where he was executive chef for many years.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive: Find Out What Went Down
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best