Beyonce Sings Whitney at Comeback Concert In Atlantic City, NJ
Five months after giving birth to Blue Ivy, Beyoncé returned to the stage over the Memorial Day weekend in Atlantic City, NJ for her first live shows since becoming a new mom, proving motherhood hasn’t slowed the singer down one bit.
The four-night run at the Revel casino and hotel, which came to a close last night, marked the singer’s return to featured all Bey’s hits from “Single Ladies (Put on a Ring on It)” to “Crazy in Love” to even a few Destiny’s Child classics. But the real surprise was when Beyoncé gave fans a little taste of Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” before launching into her own ballad “Halo.”
Beyoncé showed off her curves in costumes designed by Ralph & Russo, but on Saturday night’s show admitted it wasn’t easy to get into performance shape.
“Y’all don’t know how hard I had to work,” she told the crowd. “I had to lose 60 pounds. They had me on the treadmill, eating lettuce.”
The night also brought out some big named fans like Michelle Obama who sang along to “Love on Top” with daughters Sasha and Malia. The first lady has made it no secret that she loves Beyoncé recently telling People Magazine, “If I had some gift, I’d be Beyoncé. I’d be some great singer.” Queen B even holds two spots on Michelle’s favorite workout playlist with her songs “I Was Here” and “Move Your Body.”
It’s clear the love is mutual. Earlier this year, Beyoncé called Mrs. Obama “the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman” in a letter she posted on her personal website.
For more coverage of Beyoncé’s comeback, go to CBS Local.
And check out the singer’s own Tumblr for personal photos from her big weekend.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charli XCX Coming to ‘SNL’
- Metallica Continue ‘Late Late Show’ Residency with ‘For Whom the Bell Tolls’: Listen
- Sia Offers ‘Iko Iko’ Cover in Pledge on Husband’s Kickstarter Campaign
- The Script’s Video for ‘No Good in Goodbye’ is an Intergalactic Experience: Watch
- Lana Del Rey is Sexually Assaulted in Unearthed NSFW Marilyn Manson Video
- Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood Says Band is ‘Looking Down Avenues’ for Next Album