Kanye West Releases “Lost In The World”
It’s been two years since Kanye West released My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy but that didn’t stop him from revealing a new video for the album’s last track “Lost In the World.”
Filmmaker Ruth Hogben and photographer Nick Knight collaborated with West to create a film for the single. The track, which was released earlier this month, features a sample of Bon Iver’s “Woods” and Gil Scott-Heron’s “Who Will Survive in America.”
The black and white clip continues to showcase West’s artistic side. Beginning with a warning that “strobe effects are used in this video” the first 30 seconds sees the track’s title flash by before Kanye makes his entrance. Shown rapping above in the clouds and later among skyscrapers, it’s a unique concept for a video.
A thunderous drum beat has disgruntled looking actors perform interpretive dancing. As Kanye and numerous actors fall from the sky, his artistic vision is apparent.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set