Bruce Springsteen Debuts New Video For “Rocky Ground”
Bruce Springsteen released a video for “Rocky Ground,” off of his latest album, Wrecking Ball. A modern take on gospel, the song includes a sample of “I’m A Soldier In The Army Of The Lord,” performed by The Congregation Of The Church Of God In Christ and recorded by Alan Lomax in 1942. The song also features a rap verse from singer Michelle Moore. (Moore previously sang backing vocals on Patti Scialfa’s 2004 album 23rd Street Lullaby and 2007’s Play It As It Lays).
Springsteen doesn’t appear in the video: instead it shows the lyrics to the song being written, superimposed over footage of residential neighborhoods.
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band are currently on tour in Europe: they return to the U.S. August 14 when they play Boston’s Fenway Park.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The Sisters HAIM ‘Live In’ Their Levi’s Jeans
- Marilyn Manson Talks About Wearing Makeup with His Dad in ‘Paper’ Magazine
- Taylor Swift Grants Last Wish of 4-Year-Old Fan with Terminal Cancer
- Sleeping With Sirens Have Written the Next Big Rock Album
- Did Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Have the Most Boring Bachelor Party Ever?
- Win Tickets To The Screening Of Disney’s ‘Cinderella’