Bruce Springsteen Debuts New Video For “Rocky Ground”
Bruce Springsteen released a video for “Rocky Ground,” off of his latest album, Wrecking Ball. A modern take on gospel, the song includes a sample of “I’m A Soldier In The Army Of The Lord,” performed by The Congregation Of The Church Of God In Christ and recorded by Alan Lomax in 1942. The song also features a rap verse from singer Michelle Moore. (Moore previously sang backing vocals on Patti Scialfa’s 2004 album 23rd Street Lullaby and 2007′s Play It As It Lays).
Springsteen doesn’t appear in the video: instead it shows the lyrics to the song being written, superimposed over footage of residential neighborhoods.
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band are currently on tour in Europe: they return to the U.S. August 14 when they play Boston’s Fenway Park.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set