Katy Perry Loves America, Performs In Brooklyn For Fleet Week
Katy Perry set off some fireworks for members of the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard who are in New York City for Fleet Week by performing in concert at Brooklyn’s Pier 9 last night.
Dressed in her patriotic best, Perry wore an American Flag dress for the occasion. Security was on high alert for the event, but how could it not be; there were hundreds of America’s finest in attendance. They were also the only people in attendance since they were not allowed to bring guests.
Perry made the night even more memorable by recreating the iconic photo of a sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square at the end of WWII. She brought a member of our armed forces up on stage for the big kiss, reminding him of one thing:
“If you drop me I’m gonna sic all my friends on you!”
He didn’t. Perry and the Marine locked lips (Watch the video). Everyone was reminded why we live in the greatest country on Earth.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics